The Founder's Day 5K
Join us Saturday, May 1st from 8:30am-2:00pm to walk/run The Founder’s Day 5K. This is not your average virtual 5K event. By registering for this event, you will be invited to be a part of a 6–week journey as we prepare the mind, body and soul. You will receive weekly updates on a run and walking training program, fun challenges, meaningful devotions, and stats about the children you are running for. Let us celebrate virtually, as you walk or run in unity with your church, neighbors, co-workers, friends, and family, to help raise funds and awareness for the needs of children and families at Wellroot.
How does it work?
- Register to run or walk the 5K for $25, all participants receive a shirt & medal shipped to you after the event
- Next, recruit friends, family, co-workers, and neighbors to join your team and/or contribute to your fundraiser
- Starting March 20th, you will receive weekly emails with a walking and running training program to help you physically prepare for the 5K, along with challenges, devotions and child welfare facts to help raise awareness for children’s and families in need
- On May 1st, run or walk your 5K and record your time through an app like Run Keeper, or take a photo of your treadmill screen.
- Feel free to make the race your own, by running, walking, or adjusting the distance, all to help children in Georgia.
- If you are part of a group running socially distanced together, contact your organizer for time and location
- Submit your time on May 1st by posting and tagging Wellroot on social media @wellrootfamilyservices and using hashtags #foundersday5k and #wellroot5k
- Come be a part of the virtual race day event at Wellroot Family Services’ Facebook page from 8:30 am-2:00 pm
- Winners will be announced on Monday, May 3rd for top 5K runners in various age groups, largest team, and top fundraiser
If you have a child who is interested in being a part of the Mustard Seed 1K, click here to learn more.