The Founder's Day 5K
Join us Saturday, April 30th from 8:30am-2:00pm to walk/run The Founder’s Day 5K. This is not your average virtual 5K event. Beginning Friday, March 18th, we will kick off the 6–week journey as we prepare the mind, body, and soul. Every Friday, participants will receive the Founder’s Day Friday e-newsletter to learn about child welfare and family preservation and will receive age-appropriate devotionals, fun challenges, and even a walking/running program.
Let us celebrate across Georgia collectively, as you walk or run with your church, neighbors, co-workers, friends, and family, to help raise funds and awareness for the needs of children and families at Wellroot.
How does it work?
- Register to run or walk the 5K for $25, all participants receive a shirt shipped to you. If you register by April 1st you will receive your shirt before the event.
- Next, recruit friends, family, co-workers, and neighbors to join your team and/or contribute to your fundraiser. Here are 5 Easy Steps to Plan Your 5K/1K. Team captains with 20 or more teammates will receive a Race Day Box from Wellroot with festive and inspiring decorations, and medals for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.
- Starting March 18th, look for the Founder’s Day Friday e-newsletter with information about the children and families you are rallying behind, meaningful devotions, walk/run program, and fun challenges.
- If you are part of a team running/walking together, contact your organizer for time and location.
- Feel free to make the race your own by running, walking, or adjusting the distance, all to help children in Georgia.
- Join the 5K to participate in the recruitment and fundraising challenges for a chance to win coffee basket, gift cards, and more!
- We have exciting overall prizes for our top two 5K fundraisers! Our top fundraiser will choose between 5 passes to Orange Theory Fitness Northlake or 2 Duluth Donut Dash tickets.
- Our top children’s 1K fundraiser will win a movie day, with 4 movie passes to Regal Cinemas.
- Overall winners will be announced on Monday, May 2nd.
- Join our Facebook Live event on Saturday, April 30th from 8:30am-2:00pm at Wellroot Family Services’ Facebook page. We will check in live with our families, Wellroot staff, and teams all across Georgia who are rallying support for our children and families.
- You can pick a time to gather with your team in person at a location of your choice.
- Run or walk your 5K and record your time through an app like Run Keeper, or take a photo of your treadmill screen and submit your time by posting and tagging Wellroot on social media @wellrootfamilyservices and using hashtags #foundersday5k and #wellroot5k.
- Winners will be announced on Monday, May 2nd for top 5K runners, largest team, and top fundraiser.
Visit our children’s Mustard Seed 1K page where your children can be a part of an enriching opportunity to learn about the importance of helping children and families in need, and how to be of service to others, while having fun running a 1K race, click here to learn more.