The Mustard Seed 1K
“If you have faith the size of a mustard seed, nothing shall be impossible for you.” Matthew 17:20
Join us Saturday, April 30th from 8:30am-2:00pm to walk/run The Mustard Seed 1K. Designed to engage toddlers to tweens, the Mustard Seed 1K gives children an enriching opportunity to learn about the importance of helping children and families in need and how to be of service to others, while having fun running a 1K race.
Let us celebrate across Georgia collectively, as you walk or run with your church, neighbors, co-workers, friends, and family, to help raise funds and awareness for the needs of children and families at Wellroot.
How does it work?
- Register your child to run or walk the 1K for $25, all participants receive a shirt shipped to you. If you register by April 1st you will receive your shirt before the event.
- Next, your child can invite friends to join your team and/or contribute to your fundraiser. Here are 5 Easy Steps to Plan Your 5K/1K. Team captains with 20 or more teammates will receive a Race Day Box from Wellroot with festive and inspiring decorations, and medals for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.
- We will celebrate all children who raise $100 by mailing them their very own Mustard Seed 1K teddy bear!
- Starting March 18th, look for the Founder’s Day Friday e-newsletter with information about the children and families you are rallying behind, meaningful devotions for children, and fun challenges.
- If you are part of a team running/walking together, contact your organizer for time and location.
- Join the 1K to participate in the recruitment and fundraising challenges for a chance to win a Main Event gift card.
- We have exciting overall prizes for our top two 5K fundraisers! Our top fundraiser will choose between 5 passes to Orange Theory Fitness Northlake or 2 Duluth Donut Dash tickets.
- Our top children’s 1K fundraiser will win a movie day, with 4 movie passes to Regal Cinemas.
- Overall winners will be announced on Monday, May 2nd.
- Join our Facebook Live event on Saturday, April 30th from 8:30am-2:00pm at Wellroot Family Services’ Facebook page. We will check in live with our families, Wellroot staff, and teams all across Georgia who are rallying support for our children and families.
- You can pick a time to gather with your team in person at a location of your choice.
- Share photos of your team by posting and tagging Wellroot on social media @wellrootfamilyservices and using hashtags #foundersday5k and #wellroot5k.
If you are interested in being a part of The Founder’s Day 5K, click here to learn more.